We’re all at home right now to make sure the health care system is not overrun and that we have enough medical supplies for the people that really need it.
We’re all at home with our family, the people that probably introduced you to being a Dodger fan.
Some people just want to veg out and challenge themselves to see how much Netflix they can binge before something leaks out of their ear or before the the stench they leave on their arm chair becomes permanent.
Then there are some people who are doing their best to take advantage of the time they’re at home. You see them jogging around the neighborhood or practicing their yoga. At Dodgers Nation, we thought this might be a good chance to strengthen your Dodgers fandom with some activities that we’ve been finding online:
For Young Dodger Fans
Coloring Books and Worksheets
Are you at home and looking for something to do? Print this SANDY KOUFAX and have a fun art party coloring him with the kids or by yourself! Post your results here & I'll do more if y'all want. pic.twitter.com/kfaKQPmpVZ
— Gypsy Oak (@gypsyoak) March 21, 2020
Another great coloring page for your kids. pic.twitter.com/O15y7QuAOv
— Dodgers Nation (@DodgersNation) March 27, 2020
Jersey Flash Card Games
- What you’ll need:
- 99 Index Cards
- Starting with the number 1, write that on one side of one index card.
- Next, write the next jersey number on the next card and so on until you are out of index cards.
- On the other side of the card, write down as many players as you can that have worn that jersey number.
- Shuffle Up the Cards
- Present one card at a time to as many players as you can handle.
- Set timer for 10 minutes
- One point for each correct answer. Bonus point for spelling the name correctly.
- Whoever has the most points at the end of 10 minutes wins
- Leave the cards out and kids will naturally pick them up to win the next round
Fun Under the Sun
Here’s a fun game to make baseball a bit more interesting for younger kids, which we call Baseball Loco. The game is played like regular baseball, but before the game starts, players are given these instructions:
- Hit to right field: Run like a chicken
- Hit to left field: Run Backwards
- Two Outs with Two On: Batter must spin around 3 times before batting
If anything, this makes for some good instagram, so tag us @OfficialDodgersNation if you and your family are about the Baseball Loco.
If you have any more ideas, please comment below to let us know.
For Grown Up Dodger Fans (18+)
Without cheating (using Google), try to answer one of these questions by submitting your answers in the contact form below.
We’ll be selecting random people that have the correct answers for $25 Amazon Gift Card every few days, so be on the look out for an email from us.
One question per day per person per IP address please. US residents only, so please enter an email address we can contact you at and respond within 48 hours or your prize will be voided.
Try to be the first to answer some of the following questions:
- Which Dodgers have had their jerseys retired?
- Name the only Dodgers to have hit more than 25 home runs in a season
- Which Dodgers have won a Cy Young Award?
- Which Dodgers have pitched a No-Hitter at Dodger Stadium?
- Name the Managers for each of the Dodgers World Series Championships
- Which Dodgers have won an MVP?
- Name 10 Players and their Nicknames
Enter your answers here:
[contact-form-7 id=”121385″ title=”Quiz Contest”]
If you have any ideas for new questions, please list them below in the comments section.
This giveaway will end by April 5th unless it get so popular, which then we will extend it for another few weeks.
We’re just an independent local sports blog and we hope you all have some fun with this. We just hope to be able to give back to you all, so spread the word and let’s have some fun.