While not much is going on in baseball, even more nothing has happened for the Dodgers and the coaching staff. After scares involving bench coach Bob Geren and first base coach Clayton McCullough — both of whom interviewed for the Mets’ open managers job — Dave Roberts’ staff will remain intact for the 2022 season.
…and yes, that includes Dave Roberts for the folks incessantly on the back of the LA manager.
Expected 2022 Coaching Staff
- Dave Roberts – manager
- Bob Geren – bench coach
- Mark Prior – pitching coach
- Connor McGuiness – assistant pitching coach
- Clayton McCullough – first base coach
- Dino Ebel – third base coach
- Robert Van Scoyoc – hitting coach
- Brant Brown – hitting coach
- Aaron Bates – assistant hitting coach
- Josh Bard – Bullpen coach
- Danny Lehmann – game planning coordinator
Roberts would currently enter the 2022 season as a lame duck manager. The former National League Manager of the Year is entering the final year of a four-year extension signed after the 2018 World Series. He’s expressed hope for a contract extension this offseason, and LA’s president of baseball operations, Andrew Friedman, has firmly stated that he expects Doc to be the manager for a long time. Still, nothing has come together, even with a bit of extra free time with the MLB lockout freezing player movement.