With Miguel Vargas’ pinkie fracture, the Dodgers second baseman is slowly progressing to be cleared to hit in games this spring.
Dodgers manager Dave Roberts spoke to the media at Camelback Ranch last Wednesday and although Roberts stated he wanted to have the 23-year-old swing the bat on Saturday, that did not end up happening.
The LA Times reported on when the young infielder is likely to swing again
“Manager Dave Roberts said the team is targeting Wednesday as the first day Vargas will swing in a game again. In the meantime, Vargas has been increasing his workload in batting cage drills and going through batting practice on the backfields of Camelback Ranch.”
Vargas also said how uncomfortable he feels at the plate right now but it’s all part of the process. In 4 of the games he’s played in, he’s also drawn 4 walks in 10 plate appearances.
Vargas played previous years in the minor league system with the Triple-A Oklahoma City Dodgers. The infielder played in 113 games, batting .304 with 17 homers and 72 RBIs. In 2022, the Dodgers promoted Vargas to the major leagues for the first time where he had one homer, 4 runs on 8 hits, and 8 RBI across his 47 major league at-bats.
Dodgers fans will be eagerly awaiting Vargas’ return to action. He looks to tap into the potential he showed in the big leagues last year and can be an important piece for the Dodgers this upcoming season.
Have you subscribed to our YouTube Channel yet? Please subscribe and hit that notification bell to stay up to date on all the latest Dodgers news, rumors, interviews, live streams, and more all year long!