The Dodgers had a relatively busy first week in the New Year, and here’s a rundown of what happened:
- The team officially signed and introduced Kenta Maeda, which was a relief since there was a concern about his elbow.
- Even after the signings of Scott Kazmir and Maeda, Andrew Friedman says a trade for Jose Fernandez is still possible.
- Kazmir isn’t worried about how left-handed heavy the Dodgers’ rotation is.
- The organization added former Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos to its front office.
- The Diamondbacks showed interest in signing Howie Kendrick. The Dodgers would get an additional second round pick if that happens.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Kazmir has an opt-out clause in his contract, but he’d be honored to end his career with the Dodgers. [LA Times]
- Justin Upton is still a free agent, but as good of a player as he is, he isn’t an ideal fit with the Dodgers. [Dodgers Digest]
- Thanks to his team friendly contract, Maeda’s potential elbow issue is worth gambling on. [Dodgers Digest]
- The Dodgers still have the “most fascinating rotation in baseball”, but in a different way this year. [SB Nation]
- While it might be fascinating, is it still good enough to allow the team to contend for a World Series? [Bleacher Report]
- Howard Cole wrote about the most under appreciated Dodgers in L.A. history. [Forbes]
[button color=”blue” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://dodgersnation.com/dodgers-rumors-free-agent-market-working-in-teams-favor/2016/01/08/”]Free Agent Market Working In Dodgers’ Favor[/button]