The Los Angeles Dodgers and San Diego Padres are doing battle on Opening Day, but there was still plenty of news going around beforehand. You can check out the lineup Los Angeles will use today, see how great Clayton Kershaw has been on prior opening days, and a whole lot more. So enjoy today’s Dodgers Credits!
- Catcher Yasmani Grandal will open the season on the disabled list, and that’s a big blow.
- The team’s 25-man roster has been announced, and there are plenty of notable names all over it.
- It’s a long season, but Los Angeles will most certainly win their fourth straight division title.
- Maybe the season is too long, though, and that’ll be why they actually don’t win the division crown.
- Our own Jeremy Evans writes about what to make of the team’s position players.
- The opening day lineup was released, and Chase Utley will be batting in the leadoff spot.
- There are still certain scouts who are not sold at all on center fielder Joc Pederson.
- Clayton Kershaw is looking to build upon his fantastic opening day resume from the last five years.
- As Vin Scully prepares for his final season in the booth, we need to appreciate all he’s given us.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Watch how closer Kenley Jansen explains how he stumbled onto his cutter. [Los Angeles Times]
- Watch ace Clayton Kershaw explain everything about his devastating curveball. [Los Angeles Times]
- Injuries played a small role in the team’s opening day roster choices. [Dodgers Digest]
- Corey Seager is the team’s youngest opening day shortstop since 1944. [True Blue LA]
- The Rancho Cucamonga Quakes’ opening day roster is now out there. [True Blue LA]
- The opening day notebook is live, so give it a keen glance. [Dodger Insider]
- There is an impressive array of talent stockpiled on the team’s disabled list. [ESPN]
- Whatever the odds, Dave Roberts has already found a way to win games. [ESPN]
- Rookie managers are going to be making their debut in San Diego today. [FOX Sports]
- Clayton Kershaw and Los Angeles must set the tone on opening day. [Today’s Knuckleball]