The list of managerial candidates continues to grow, and now that Zack Greinke is a free agent, what type of contract could he get? That and more in today’s Credits.
- The Dodgers interviewed Kirk Gibson and Mets’ bench coach Bob Geren. They also were apparently “blown away” by Dave Roberts’ interview.
- Zack Greinke has officially opted out of his contract and is now a free agent.
- Kike Hernandez had successful surgery on his shoulder and is expected to be ready for the start of Spring Training.
- The Dodgers were ranked second in ESPN’s Future Power Rankings. It takes into account current roster, the minor league system, finances, management, mobility, and how those factors align over the next five years.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- TrueBlueLA reviews Sergio Santos’ brief stint in Los Angeles in 2015, and provides a detailed outlook of the Dodgers’ payroll situation.
- Houston Mitchell of LA Times looks at how Zack Greinke compares to other top starting pitchers around the MLB since joining the Dodgers.
- Bill Plashcke thinks Dave Roberts is the leading candidate to be the Dodgers’ next manager.
- Chris Carelli of SI.com and The Cauldron examines Greinke’s free-agency value. He believes it’s inevitable that the All-Star will command a $200 million contract, and it’s hard to disagree.
- Ken Rosenthal wrote about the history the Dodgers could make by hiring Roberts.