Do you want to get into the Sports Media business? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
Our alumni of former interns, contributors and editors have moved on to enjoy careers with some companies you might recognize:
- Los Angeles Dodgers
- Los Angeles Lakers
- New York Mets
- ESPN Los Angeles
- Spectrum Sportsnet – Official Broadcast Partner of the Lakers
- SportsnetLA – Official Broadcast Partner of the Dodgers
- Atlanta Journal Constitution
- Bleacher Report
The main reason for our alumni success is because of the 360 degrees of digital experience they have here on our team. The owner, Gary Lee, has been working in the media industry for well over a decade at the top companies in the world, so that he can best position the team with leading edge strategy and best practices to date.
The Job – Contributor/Internship
The position will be responsible for learning the content production process to help the team improve the social media presence of our Lakers and Dodgers communities across Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, and YouTube platforms.
- Create engaging daily assets
- Create promotions from our current lineup of video shows by trimming into digestible clips
- General video editing
- Creatively push and innovate the design and art direction of the Dodgers Nation brand
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Intermediate knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, After Effects
- Previous experience with video editing and production
- Intermediate experience with video editing software – Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro)
- Knowledge of cutting edge new technologies in the social media
- Ability to work in a group environment as well as self start and work independently
- Experience maintaining a social media presence/platform
- Knowledge of latest trends in social media
- Ability to create engaging Instagram content (Reels/Live/IGTV)
- Deep understanding of YouTube, Twitter, and Tik Tok trends and analytics
- Work out of Los Angeles area
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Be enthusiastic
- Be a passionate fan of LA Sports
- Ability to find solutions and solve problems
- This job will have both remote and in-office expectations.
- This is a PAID position based on experience.
- Office is located in South Pasadena, CA
- Conveniently located close to Metro Gold Rail Stop
Please email a resume and cover letter along with samples of some of your relevant recent work to contribute[at]dodgersnation.com. Include the word “Application” in the email subject line. Emails that do not include any of these will be disregarded. We will do our best to respond to each applicant, but please understand it is hard with the sheer quantity of applications we receive.