Dodgers Team News
Dodgers News | Rumors: Ethier and Crawford Trade Value, Blanton Signs, and More
Fans have been wondering when the Dodgers were going to add to the bullpen, and today they did just that. And could Andre Ethier and Carl Crawford finally be on the move? It does appear their trade values could be higher than previously thought. There’s that and more in today’s Dodgers Credits.
- The expensive free agent market might result in Carl Crawford and Andre Ethier having more trade value than originally anticipated.
- Dave Roberts said he expects the team to add a reliever or two, and ESPN’s Jim Bowden gave one trade target he could see the Dodgers inquiring on.
- Speaking of that, the team signed Joe Blanton to a one-year, $4M deal.
- The Dodgers have four players listed in the NL West’s “Ten Most Intriguing Players” list.
- April 10th appears to be the deadline by which the Dodgers will have to trade Ethier by.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- The 2016 Dodgers appear to be quite similar to the 2015 Dodgers, writes Houston Mitchell. [LA Times]
- Austin Barnes could be the answer to the Dodgers’ infield depth issues. [Dodgers Digest]
- Are the Dodgers trying to steer clear of $100 million dollar contracts? [CBS Sports]
- Unfortunately, TV rights have made the Dodgers “the greatest team never seen.” [The Guardian]
- Austin Jackson and former Dodger Juan Uribe are among the “top available bargain free agents.” [CBS Sports]
[button color=”blue” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://dodgersnation.com/dodgers-rumors-could-yoenis-cespedes-be-in-play/2016/01/17/”]Could The Dodgers Make A Play For Yoenis Cespedes?[/button]
Yeah Ryan Excuse us as we throw a party and get the WS celebration bus route ready. Joe Blanton locks it up for US>>>>>>> They keep throwing 4 million here and 3 million there down the toilet but won’t spend money for Greinke?? Really.??
It is perplexing that the Dodgers were not able, or frankly unwilling to resign Greinke. A lot has to do with his attitude. Zack was never really a Dodger; rather a “rent-a-player”. Professing that he would like to stay with the Dodgers, he jumped into the FA market looking for a, $1.00 higher than anyone else, contract. Really, Zack??
The Dodgers are not without blame. Greinke was a HUGE fan favorite; Kershaw & Greinke were an amazing one two punch! Really, Dodgers??