Dodgers Early Season DFA Candidates, 3 Players That Might Not Finish Year With LA
Nearing the month and a half mark of the season, we kind of have a sense of where the Dodgers need some help on the roster. The bench has been an area of struggle for LA all season long.
- Austin Barnes hasn’t been great but he’s Austin Barnes… And he’s actually done much better over the last few weeks.
Michael Busch was a hero over the weekend against the Padres but barely got into any games while up with the team. He’s been optioned to Triple-A now that J.D. Martinez is back off the IL.
- Miguel Rojas is “on the come,” as Dave Roberts would say, but is still hitting just .193 this season. He’ is, however, hitting .280 since coming off the IL.
- Jason Heyward is now essentially a starting outfielder vs right-handed pitchers, so he’s fine.
- But David Peralta has been more more miss than hit.
- And Trayce Thompson… well, he’s 0-for his last 14 games.
So the wonder is can the group get better? And how much longer does this unit have? Will Andrew Friedman begin exploring ways to improve the bench sooner rather than later? We discuss this in an all new edition of “Let Him Play or DFA” on the Blue Heaven Podcast.
Check it out here.
Looking for more Dodgers News? Subscribe to our YouTube Channel! Subscribe and hit that notification bell to stay up to date on all the latest news, updates, rumors, interviews, live streams, and more!