There was quite a lot of news that came out today that had to do with the team, so let’s waste zero time and get around to what took place. For instance, there was news about Kenta Maeda being scheduled to pitch Saturday, Justin Turner missing the first week of games, and a whole lot more. Enjoy today’s Dodgers Credits!
- First baseman Adrian Gonzalez missed yesterday’s workout, but it’s nothing to worry about yet.
- Third baseman Justin Turner will miss the first week or so of Spring Training games.
- Right-hander Kenta Maeda is scheduled to pitch Saturday’s game against the Diamondbacks.
- Cuban signee Yaisel Sierra finally arrived in camp today, for those who were keeping tabs.
- As you would expect, Kenley Jansen is the best closer in the National League West.
- Kenta Maeda’s bullpen session went well, and Yasmani Grandal compared him to Zack Greinke.
- Ever wondered what the Top 25 Moments in Dodgers History were? Well, Brian Robitaille has you covered.
- Our own Chris Wolf wonders if the Abraham Almonte suspension could lead to an Andre Ethier trade.
- Speaking of Ethier, he talked about the trade rumors, his upcoming 10-and-5 status, and more.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Yaisel Sierra, Yadier Alvarez, and Omar Estevez were in minor league camp today. [Bill Plunkett]
- The expendable Andre Ethier still is as dependable as they come right now. [Orange County Register]
- Video sessions helped Alex Wood clean up his mechanics this offseason. [Los Angeles Daily News]
- Adrian Gonzalez’s neck is the one injury the team absolutely cannot afford. [Los Angeles Times]
- It’s time for a positional review of third base from the 2015 season. [Dodgers Digest]
- Due to unresolved paperwork, Yaisel Sierra has still yet to take the field for the team. [MLB.com]
- The team came in with an over-under of 88½ wins this season, according to Bovada. [Yahoo! Sports]
- The Rangers need a left-handed hitter, so could a trade for Andre Ethier make sense? [Today’s Knuckleball]
- There’s no more dipping at Dodger Stadium, and manager Dave Roberts supports it. [ESPN]
[button color=”blue” size=”big” alignment=”center” rel=”follow” openin=”newwindow” url=”https://dodgersnation.com/dodgers-news-rumors-koufax-leaves-front-office-espn-grades-dodgers-and-more/2016/02/28/”]Koufax Leaves Front Office, ESPN Grades Dodgers, and More[/button]