This week has been another fairly frantic one as we sludge through the offseason from hell, as many fans likely put it. Let’s try to catch up on Thursday’s dealings.
- Gabe Kapler spoke about his desire to retain his role in the Dodgers organization as head of the minor league system.
- While Hisashi Iwakuma was never technically on the Dodgers, the team is working to replace him in the rotation.
- Las Vegas released the World Series odds and the Dodgers didn’t fall nearly as much as you’d think.
- As so much speculation swirls around Aroldis Chapman’s off-field actions, the Dodgers no longer seem interested in acquiring him.
Dodgers Local | Blogs
- Dustin Nosler takes a look at the prospects sent to and acquired in the Dodgers’ big trade this week. [Dodgers Digest]
- Dave Roberts explained what the heck a “Quality Assurance Coach” might be. [Dodgers Insider]
- Yasiel Puig’s trip to Cuba has made for an incredible story thus far. [L.A. Times]
- Howard Cole explains why the Dodgers while be fine on the mound — history helps. [Forbes]
- A deal for Jose Fernandez is looking extremely unlikely at this point. [ESPN]
- Jon Heyman says the details of Yasiel Puig’s bar fight are nowhere as drastic as originally reported. [CBS Sports]