Coming off a good week where the Los Angeles Dodgers won four and lost one against the Los Angeles Angels and Houston Astros, the Dodgers start a three-game series against the last-place Colorado Rockies at Coors Field. Here’s everything you need to know about the history between the two NL West rivals:
- The Dodgers have won 299 and lost 206 against the Rockies.
- For 10 years, ex-Dodger Pedro Astacio held the Rockies’ all-time strikeout record of 749.
- On August 19, 1997, the Dodgers traded Astacio to the Rockies for Eric Young, Sr.
- On a rainy September 17, 1997 night, Dodgers RHP Hideo Nomo pitched the first and only no-hitter at Coors Field.
- Dodgers legend Eric Karros hit 37 home runs against the Rockies.
- In 2023, the Rockies have the seventh highest batting average and the Dodgers have the twelfth highest batting average in the National League.
- Whereas the Rockies play 81 games at Coors Field where power hitters love to hit, the Dodgers have more home runs than the Rockies this season.
- In 2022, James Outman blasted his first Major-League home run in his first Major-League at-bat at Coors Field.
- Earlier this season, the Dodgers swept a two-game series against the Rockies at Dodger Stadium.
- In 2014, Clayton Kershaw hurled his only career no-hitter against the Rockies at Dodger Stadium.
Have you subscribed to our YouTube Channel yet? Subscribe and hit that notification bell to stay up to date on all the latest Dodgers news, rumors, interviews, live streams, and more!