Dodgers’ Freddie Freeman Reveals How He Re-Injured Ankle, Provides Huge Update on Health
Los Angeles Dodgers first baseman Freddie Freeman suffered a fluke injury over the weekend when he slipped entering the shower at his home.
Freeman said his main shower had a leak, so he was using the one in his guest bathroom. He fell while stepping into it, re-aggravating his ankle injury.
More news: Mookie Betts Has Made Decision on Attending Dodgers’ White House Visit With President Donald Trump
Freeman was out of the Dodgers lineup on Monday and again on Tuesday.
Fortunately, Freeman said the X-rays came back clean on the ankle, and he’s been going through three hours’ worth of daily treatment to get better.
Freeman also said he’s already feeling better, and wants to play in Wednesday’s series finale against the Atlanta Braves. However, the Dodgers may keep him out on Wednesday, as they have a travel day on Thursday before opening a series with the Philadelphia Phillies on Friday.
For what it’s worth, manager Dave Roberts said Freeman is doing “much better” and could play on Wednesday.
Freeman sprained his ankle in late September of last year on the night the Dodgers clinched the National League West division. Freeman’s injury should have required a four-to-six-week stint on the injured list, but he was back a week later for the postseason.
While Freeman was in and out of the lineup in the NL Division Series and Championship Series, he returned for the World Series where he hit four home runs, drove in 12 RBIs, and won the World Series MVP award.
More news: Mookie Betts Reveals Real Reason Behind Moving to Shortstop for Dodgers
Freeman wasn’t 100 percent heading into this season, but said his ankle was starting to feel better before the fall. He also said his ribs were starting to feel better after he had some discomfort in the area during the Tokyo Series that kept him out of the lineup. That discomfort was in the same place he had broken rib cartilage during last year’s postseason run.
Freddie Freeman Reveals Thoughts on New Torpedo Bats
Freeman also spoke about the new torpedo bats in MLB and whether or not he would consider using one.
The answer was an obvious no.
“I’ve swung the same bat for 16 years,” Freeman said.
If it ain’t broke…
Photo Credit: Jonathan Hui-Imagn Images
Have you joined our Discord Channel yet? Be a part of the ultimate Dodgers Nation community and get VIP Nation Access! Don’t miss out on real-time Dodgers talk, call-in access to Dodgers Dougout, behind-the-scenes content, exclusive interviews, giveaways, and more!
I love his answer re torpedo bats….Old School Tuff.