Well, Monday was quite the unexpected spectacle. A Dodgers off day broke out into national headline news involving pitcher Julio Urias who was arrested for suspected domestic violence in Los Angeles late on Sunday. The Dodgers said they won’t speak on the incident until more details come forward.
For now, the team will be without the left-hander in the rotation for at minimum this road trip. However, it’s sounding like much longer than that…
In other news, Andrew Friedman opened up on a podcast about his thought process when it comes to signing expensive free agents to long term deals and how that relates to the club’s potential pursuit of Shohei Ohtani. At least in the context of the question he was asked. It’s certainly an interesting look into the front office exec’s process and can be found here.
Plus there was an old friend alert in a Dee Gordon signing and more!
Check out the day’s top headlines below!
- Julio Urias Arrested for Domestic Violence in LA on Sunday Night
- Are the Dodgers Willing to Go Big to Sign Shohei Ohtani? It’s Complicated
- Urias Will Not Travel With Team Amid Domestic Violence Investigation
- Walker Buehler Debuts New Look in Return to Action with AAA Dodgers
More from Our Partners at Inside the Dodgers
- Dodgers Issue Statement on Julio Urias; Court Date Set Following DV Arrest
- Former Dodger Dee Strange-Gordon Continuing Baseball Career Away from MLB
- Writer Links LA To Top Starting Pitcher in Upcoming Free Agency
- Motivated Bobby Miller ‘Most Locked In’ He’s Been as Big Leaguer
Dodgers Social Media of the Day
Trying to keep this section positive…
The Dodgers get back in action this afternoon with Clayton Kershaw making his first start in 7 days in Miami against the Marlins. First pitch is set for 3:40 PM on the west coast.
Photo Credit: Joe Puetz-USA TODAY Sports