The Los Angeles Dodgers rebounded from Wednesday’s bullpen troubles and the offense exploded for a 14-3 win in the finale of a three-game series in Denver against the Colorado Rockies, winning the series in the process. With the victory, the Dodgers moved up to second place in the NL West and sit only two games behind the Arizona Diamondbacks as the All Star Game approaches.
Speaking of the All Star Game, three Dodgers were named starters for the 93rd edition of the Midsummer Classic on Thursday, as Freddie Freeman, Mookie Betts, and J.D. Martinez all received the honor. Also, presumptive 2023 NL All-Star Clayton Kershaw provided some clarity as to why he suddenly left his start earlier this week, and even though he is nursing an injury, it’s not as severe as once feared. Catch all that and more down below!
- Dodgers Highlights: LA All-Stars Lead Offensive Explosion in Blowout Victory Against Rockies
- Dodgers News: Mookie Betts, Freddie Freeman, JD Martinez Named All-Star Starters, Will Smith Snubbed Again
- Dodgers News: Clayton Kershaw Provides Long-Awaited Update on Injury
- For the Dodgers, David Peralta Has Been One of the Best Signings of the Offseason
- Dodgers News: Miguel Rojas Knows He’s ‘Capable of More’ at the Plate
- Dodgers News: Evan Phillips Likes the Way Dave Roberts Manages Bullpen
- Dodgers News: Emmet Sheehan May Stay in Rotation For Longer Than Expected
- Dodgers Roster News: LA Recalls Justin Bruihl, Options Michael Grove
Dodgers Tweets of the Day
Freddie Freeman knocks in his 50th RBI of the season.
Freeman is the first Dodgers player with 100 hits, 50 RBI & 10 stolen bases before the month of July since RBI was first tracked in 1920. pic.twitter.com/B83E9BSYWQ— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) June 30, 2023
The Dodgers signed Jason Heyward to a minor league deal this offseason.— Noah Camras (@noahcamras) June 30, 2023
Last year in Chicago, his OPS was a career-low .556. He currently has an OPS of .820 as we near the end of June.
That would be his best OPS in a full season since his rookie year in 2010. What a signing.
And to close this daily update out, we have a bonus Tweet of the Day for you to start your Friday with, this one coming courtesy of the Great Lakes Loons, the Dodgers’ High-A affiliate, with one of the best plays you’ll ever see.
— T. Young's Mom x2 (@keri_gross) June 29, 2023