The Dodgers Continue Great Community Work… but Get Sued, Throwback Monday, and More!
With struggles mounting for folks in the community as we deal with the ramifications of the coronavirus and staying safer at home, the Dodgers are doing their part to help where they can. The organization surprised shoppers at a Smart and Final market on Friday and paid the bills for many high-risk shoppers.
Continuing the good deeds, on Saturday the club teamed up with Melissa’s Produce to deliver fresh produce and Dodger swag to 250 active-duty and veteran families.
Great stuff from the Dodgers and the Dodgers Foundation.
However, the week wasn’t all ideal for the brand after being named in two lawsuits.
With the MLB season up in the air, ticket brokers are holding fans hostage as they look to recoup refunds for tickets purchased for the 2020 season. MLB and the ticket brokers are taking the technical approach in saying that games are postponed as of now, not canceled. But fans aren’t having it.
Additionally, the Dodgers were named in a lawsuit by a fan that was senselessly attacked in the parking lot at Dodger Stadium in March of 2019.
Finally, Saturday marked 44 years since former Dodger outfielder and current broadcaster Rick Monday made a great play at Dodger Stadium.
Dodgers Nation Stories
- Dodgers Being Sued By Man Attacked in the Stadium Parking Lot
- MLB: Fans Are Starting to Sue Over Ticket Refunds
- Dodgers Agree to Pay Employees, But Rift with Game Day Workers Remains
- Vin Scully Hospitalized After a Fall, But Resting Comfortably
- Rick Monday Saves the Day 44 Years Ago Today
- Blue Heaven: Major League Fitness Struggles in Isolation, Disliked Dodgers, and More!
- Off Air with Joe and Orel: Episode 3 with guest Clayton Kershaw
- Ken Rosenthal Joins Jerry Hairston Jr for “Caught Lookin'” Podcast
- Breaking Down Spring Training Standout Zach McKinstry
- Gurnick: Dodgers Trekkek Long Trail from Piazza to Ethier
- Plaschke: Celebrating the life of an L.A. sports fan who lost his battle with COVID-19
- LASR: Overflow Of Support For Vin Scully After Hospitalization
The Dodgers and @DodgersFdn surprised shoppers at @smartfinal by paying for their groceries during the store’s exclusive hour for high-risk shoppers. #DodgersRelief pic.twitter.com/30xGaDlJ70
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) April 25, 2020
Need a challenge? ?
Test your #Dodgers knowledge with our crossword puzzle and reply with your completed puzzle! ? pic.twitter.com/v7CITundGU
— SportsNet LA (@SportsNetLA) April 24, 2020
5 years ago @adrian_eltitan narrowly beat me in a foot race ? ? #ProVsDope @ Petco Park https://t.co/2cxa6XxINw
— . (@THEREAL_DV) April 25, 2020
And finally, our “Cyber Dodgers” sit at 17-10 on the virtual season after reeling off 6 wins in a row.